Lend A Hand Up
Christmas for Moore is a group of local volunteers committed to providing Christmas for our neighbors in Moore County who are in need of a hand up during the season of giving.
How It Works
Christmas For Moore organizes several sites around Moore County in September annually, so our neighbors can register their families for the program.
Your personal support is needed because:
- Hundreds of Moore County families are hurting and in need due to lack of meaningful employment with few hours of work at low wages.
- Approximately 43 percent of all school-aged children in Moore County Schools receive free or reduced priced lunches.
We Ask Sponsors To Provide:
- Each adult listed in the family a minimum of one item of clothing and one household item. (Approximately $40)
- Each child a minimum of one item of clothing and one age-appropriate, educational toy. (Approximately $40)
- Additionally, sponsors are encouraged to provide a grocery gift card based on the size of the family adopted. (Approximately $45)
2021 Christmas For Moore Board of Directors
Chair: Eleanora Voelkel
Emeritus Board Members: Barbara and Myron Dice
Board Members: Tina Arno, Dan Daly, Kim Daly, Carrie Frye, Beth Kellner, Sherri Mangum, Kay Peyton & Anne Wells
Ready to Lend a Helping Hand?
If you would like to give back to your Moore County neighbors in need for Christmas, become a Christmas For Moore sponsor, volunteer or donor today!
Making Christmas Merrier Since 2015
Christmas For Moore’s Steering Committee, now defined as its Board of Directors, first formed in 2015. The initial goal of the organization was to fill in the gap left by the Empty Stocking Fund in Moore County, North Carolina, in offering a systematic way to register families in need at Christmas time and match these families with area sponsors who provide gifts and food.
Each Christmas For Moore family receives clothing, household items, toys and food vouchers from a list of items the families have requested. Families attend registration sessions, where a member of each family must show identification for all family members, provide a list of items with clothing sizes that each person needs along with contact information.
Since 2015, Christmas for Moore has successfully accomplished its goal by matching every qualified family with a sponsor and increased the number of low-income Moore County residents it serves annually.
In 2015, there were 307 families reached by Christmas for Moore sponsors.
In 2016, there were 342 families, including 1,115 individuals.
We are thankful to say that in 2017, Christmas for Moore supported 438 families with 1,424 individuals. That is an increase of more than 300 people in one year. This increase could not have been accomplished without amazing support from the community.
With your help, 441 families, totaling 1,510 individuals. Other program highlights include:
- All qualified families who registered were matched with sponsors.
We had an increase of nearly 30% in sponsors.
- Our demographics showed that two thirds of those registered were from Southern Pines, Aberdeen, Carthage and West End.
- 2018 was a big year as we became a 501(c)(3) organization, which enabled us to receive increased financial support through grants and individual donors.
With your help, all 1,630 program participants across Moore County were sponsored and received gifts for Christmas.
With your help, all 1,760 program participants across Moore County were sponsored and received gifts for Christmas.